top image

All students taking six or more credit hours, with less than 30 credit
hours completed in a residence hall setting, are required to live
in university owned residence halls.

A limited number of exceptions to this policy may be granted by
the Residence Life Office. If you think you qualify for an exemption
based on the criteria below, submit this request with supporting
documentation to:

Residence Life: 750 E. Cornell St., Dillon, MT, 59725 or fax: 406-683-
7570. E-mail scanned documents to

Exemption requests must be submitted prior to the semester
desired. The exemption form will be reviewed and the response
will be sent to the address listed below. Please note that being able
to live less expensively off campus does not necessarily qualify you
for an exemption.



Contact Information

Requests for exemption must be filed prior to the semester desired:

Exemption Criteria

Please attach any required documentation from your exemption choice above. (.docx, .xls, .ppt, and .pdf file documents accepted.)
I understand that if this request is denied, I will be required to move into a residence hall and will be billed the full semester(s) housing charges. Additionally, I understand that if I knowingly furnish false information regarding my housing status I will be referred to the director of residence life for disciplinary action by the University of Montana Western.