Position: Full-time plus complete benefits package
Wage: $12.58 – $15.72 per hour
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: May 2019
The Library Technician II manages the technical services department of the Library. The position reports to the Library Director. The position duties evolve rapidly in regard to the adoption of new technologies and in response to the ever-changing roles of libraries. On-the-job training will be provided.
- Cataloging and processing new items for the collection.
- Resource sharing including interlibrary loan of physical and electronic materials.
- Managing course reserves.
- Electronic resources management.
- Working directly with faculty, staff, and students to provide reference services, information literacy instruction, circulation assistance, educational technology instruction, etc.
- Serves on library committees and university work groups.
- Frequent continuing education, including some travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master various emerging technologies.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A Higher Education degree or certification.
- Experience with library work.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
- Experience working with library-specific software, such as OCLC, ALMA, Primo, or Illiad.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter addressing the job qualifications listed above, the reason(s) you are interested in this position, contact information for three professional references to:
Payroll and Benefits Supervisor
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
For additional information about this position, please contact Anne Kish @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call (406) 683-7494.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western, located in Dillon, Mont., is an innovative institution nestled in a scenic valley in the Rocky Mountains of south western Montana. The campus Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) for student enrolment is approximately 1,350. Montana Western has over 60 FTE faculty members, features small classes for all students and has been recognized for excellence by U.S. News and World Report. Montana Western’s small size and focus on education innovation have earned it the reputation of being a place where faculty and staff chose to collegially and creatively make a difference in the education of students. Montana Western is the first and only public four-year college in the nation to use block scheduling in which students take a single class at a time. This immersion learning program facilitates increased opportunities for experiential types of learning.
The mission of the University of Montana Western is to achieve academic excellence by sustaining a culture of concentrated experiential education. Montana Western services citizens of all ages with its academic, community service, and lifelong-learning programs. As part of the global community, Montana Western encourages diversity, international awareness, environmental responsibility, and mastery of technology as a gateway to the world.
Dillon, a community of 5,000 people, is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for this position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.