Position: 30 hours per week plus complete benefit package
Wage: $12.50 per hour
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: November 2020
The Library Technician I works primarily evening and weekend hours, supporting library users and other library staff. The person in this position reports to the Library Director. The duties of this position evolve rapidly in regard to the adoption of new technologies and in response to the ever-changing roles of libraries. On-the-job training will be provided.
May provide general oversight of student workers. Work is generally performed under supervision of a Librarian or Library Technician.
- Ensures safety of the building and of library patrons by following personnel and building policies and procedures including policies and procedures involving HIPPA, FERPA and basic workplace safety.
- Provides general oversight of the building and supervision of student workers during evening and weekend hours.
- Assists students with finding and using print and electronic information resources.
- Assists students in using library equipment.
- Prepares and organizes library materials.
- Works with library staff to create library displays.
- Serves on library committees and work groups.
- Frequent continuing education.
- A high school diploma.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master various emerging technologies.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with library work.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter addressing the job qualifications listed above, the reason(s) you are interested in this position, a resume and contact information for three professional references to:
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
For questions or additional information about this position, please contact Anne Kish @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call (406) 683-7494. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 65 full-time faculty and 1,300 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for any position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.