Parent PLUS Loans
Parents should review both Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans and Private Education Loans-also called Alternative Loans-and determine the best option for them based on their credit and repayment options.
Below is information for both types of loans and it is the student/parents responsibility to determine which type of loan is best for the Parents.
Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Application Process for Parent Borrowers Only
To receive a Parent PLUS Loan at The University of Montana Western, you must answer “yes” to all of the following questions:
Has your child applied for admission and been accepted into an eligible program at Montana Western?
- Has your child applied for federal financial aid through the FAFSA form? Has it been processed and the results received by our school?
- Has your child received a financial aid award letter?
- Have you completed (and returned) a Montana Western PLUS Direct Loan Application for Parents?
- Parents who have completed allof the steps above can now click on the button below to complete the Parent PLUS Loan Request Process:
Private Education Loans
Private Education Loans, also known as Alternative Education Loans, help bridge the gap between the actual cost of your education and the limited amount the government allows students to borrow in its programs. Private loans are offered by private lenders and there are no federal forms to complete.
Many students/parents take out private education loans in order to finance their education. With that, it’s best to get as much information as possible before you begin the process.
- Private Student Loans
- Private Student Loan Consolidation
- Credit Scores
- Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit
- Choosing a Lender
- Education Lenders, Guarantee Agencies, Servicers
and Secondary Markets
- Search Private Education Loans via the Web search for more information
- Contact your local lenders and Credit Unions as well