We promote a fun lifestyle and a sense of belonging through a wide range of diverse social and personal experiences. Specifically, we:
- Provide activities that get residents involved on the weekends
- Stress the importance of education and being a student
- Make the halls a fun and relaxed place to live by offering social and recreational opportunities
- Are a staff that the campus knows and respects
- Model a positive lifestyle for all students, despite background or life-experience
- Are fair and consistent at applying rules and regulations
Our dedicated staff is here to serve you in whatever way we can. Each building has one hall director and each floor is supervised by at least one Resident Assistant (RA). Their goal is to create a safe, unified community, to uphold school policies and to be a resource for you in both personal and academic issues. Any concerns that the resident might have should be directed to the hall director or RA and then directed to the Residence Life office. All halls are locked at 11 p.m. nightly and security guards are dedicated to making rounds through the night.
We have four residence halls, and a sixteen-unit family housing facility. Students have the option of living on either a single-sex or co-ed floor. All halls are fully equipped with furniture, high-speed internet and cable.
Residence Hall Housing Application
All first-year students must live in the dorms. The application must be completed and submitted along with a $200 damage deposit. Housing applications are recognized only after students have been accepted for admission to Montana Western. Room reservations will be held until 5 p.m. on the first day of classes. Students must read and agree to the Residence Hall Policies and Residence Hall Contract Conditions prior to moving in.
Further Housing Information
Further housing questions should be directed to the Residence Life office at 406-683-7565.