Message from the Chancellor
Dear Members of the University Community,
Thank you for your interest and participation in the development of Montana Western’s 2020-2027 strategic plan. This new plan gives us the opportunity to focus, together, on writing the next part of our university’s story, our students’ and our community’s story, and the story of the impact that Montana Western will have on our state and on public higher education.
This is the fifteenth year of full implementation of Experience One. The transformation to experiential learning, one course at a time, has taken this university from one threatened with closure due to low enrollments to one that is becoming known in our state and nationally as one of the successful innovators in higher education today. In this fifteenth year, it is time to very intentionally and concertedly build on this success. It’s time to take a fresh look at what we’re doing, to envision where we want to take this, and to make choices about how to get there. It’s time to plan and prepare for what’s next.
Making the effort now to think creatively about how to move forward honors the work of the past 20 years or so, in which faculty created the vision and persisted to make it happen, worked together with staff and administration on every detail, and began the practice of Experience One. These first fifteen years are only the beginning. They have shown that the promise of this model is boundless. We honor all of the work to date by making the most of the opportunity before us now to imagine and plan and build on the promise; for students, for the university, for the community.
What will the Montana Western story be decades from now? How will Experience One evolve? You have a lot of say in this. I think that is an exciting place to be, and I look forward to working on this with you.
Chancellor Beth Weatherby
Strategic Planning Steering Committee Feedback Form
The Strategic Planning Steering Committee (SPSC) has been busy working on drafts of a revised university mission statement, a revised vision statement, and four broad strategic planning objectives supported by five to eight indicators of achievement each. We’d like your feedback related to this work. At the links below, you will find background information about what we were trying to accomplish in drafting a mission, vision, and strategic planning objectives together with some specific questions for you. Thank you for taking your time to review our work and provide us with your feedback.
Please submit your feedback no later than Monday, December 9, 2019.
- Mission Statement Feedback Form
- Vision Statement Feedback Form
- Strategic Planning Objectives and Indicators of Achievement Feedback Form
If you would prefer to submit your feedback via hard copy, you may pick up a printed form from the Office of the Provost in Main Hall, room 211.
Strategic Planning Documents
Information will be posted below as it becomes available during the strategic planning process.
- Strategic Planning PowerPoint Presentation
- Committee Meeting Minutes
- Strategic Plan Drafts
Strategic Planning Steering Committee Members
- Megan Chilson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arica Crootof: email@example.com
- Baleigh Doyle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian England: email@example.com
- Nathan Eury: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryann Gibson: email@example.com
- Provost Deb Hedeen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joshua Jessop: email@example.com
- Justin Mason: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adrianna Pittman: email@example.com
- Matt Raffety: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Reid: email@example.com
- Rayann Sutton: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Westman: email@example.com
- Eric Wright: firstname.lastname@example.org