Department: Dean of Students Office
Wage: $14.20 – $17.00 per hour plus complete benefit package
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: July 2019
Position is responsible for Campus Recreation/Wellness Prevention and Promotion for Montana Western Students:
- Provides excellent customer service, including working with our students, employees, and outside vendors.
- Ability to analyze and interpret accounting information.
- Responsible for coordinating activities, education and trainings for all campus activities, Peer Educators, Step Up, and two wellness grants.
- Assist as needed on special projects.
- Coordinate exercise classes in the Wellness Center.
- Assist in the development of marketing strategies for Student Rec/Wellness programs.
- Assist with the supervision, hiring, evaluation, and training of student staff.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment for rec/wellness events and activities.
- Knowledge of equipment used in Cardio Room.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate personal computers and related word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate standard office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machine, scanner, multi-line phone system.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files; maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience in cash handling and balancing a cash drawer.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships, resolve problems and exchange technical information with employees, students, campus departments and the general public.
- Ability to gather, analyze and summarize data and make recommendations on data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated ability understanding and following written and/or oral instructions or multi –step procedures, preform simple mathematical computations and code or complete routine documents and forms.
- Ability and willingness to work some weekends and long hours to accommodate events such as wellness programs, activities, student rec., and summer programs.
- Degree in Human Health and Performance or equivalent is preferred.
The Campus Rec/Wellness Coordinator can be physically demanding. Long hours will be spent in planning and attending activities, working with exercise equipment, coordinating grants by working with students and promoting healthy life styles. Employees are expected to be able to travel to off campus locations, lift equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs. and work in confined and difficult to access areas.
To apply, please complete a State of Montana Job Application and a letter of application specifically addressing the qualifications and duties described above. Finalists for this position may be subject to a criminal background investigation. Also include the names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) professional references. Submit application materials to:
Payroll & Benefits Supervisor
Administration and Finance
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
For questions regarding this position call 406-683-7388.
Review of applications will begin immediately, however the position will remain open until filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 60 full-time faculty and 1,500 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for any position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.