Department: School of Outreach, Road Scholar Program
Wage: $12.558 – $15.698 per hour plus complete benefit package
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: May 2019
The University of Montana Western’s School of Outreach invites applications for a program coordinator. The position will carry out the School of Outreach mission to provide high quality learning opportunities to citizens of all ages. This position is part of a program development team that reports to the Dean of Outreach. Specific duties will focus on Road Scholar’s programming and be assigned by the Road Scholar director.
Applicants must be able to:
- Coordinate program services, activities and offerings;
- Manage multiple program demands in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions;
- Build and maintain relationships with program director, campus staff, Road Scholar vendors, instructors and program participants, while being friendly, discrete and professional;
- Assist participants, instructors and group leaders involved Road Scholar programs;
- Utilize technology to market programs, enroll students, deliver services, track enrollments and monitor successes. Candidates must possess strong Microsoft Office skills and be willing to learn specialized publication and enrollment software applications;
- Assist the director with data management and analysis;
- Track program expenses and process payment requests; and
- Work as a team member, accepting shared unit tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Completion of two-years of postsecondary training, baccalaureate preferred;
- Prior administrative experience;
- Evidence of strong organizational, time-management, customer-service and problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- An enthusiastic, self-starter work ethic.
- Must be fluent with use of MS Office software.
To be considered for this position, please submit a letter of application addressing all of the job qualifications and requirements, a current resume and contact information for three professional references. Submit applications materials to:
Payroll & Benefits Supervisor
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
For additional information contact Anneliese Ripley at (406) 683-7309 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University and Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 60 full-time faculty and 1,500 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for any position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.