Position: Full-time, 12 month position, full benefits package
Wage: $42,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience
Union Affiliation: None
Amended Posting Date: May 2020
We are seeking an innovative professional with skills in instructional design, adult learning and emerging educational technologies. The successful applicant will be technologically savvy yet able to communicate and establish a rapport with non-technical people, will be a self-starter, and will be capable of managing details, deadlines, and multiple (often competing) priorities. An ability to form friendly and collaborative relationships with faculty is key.
This position reports to the Montana Western Director of eLearning and Academic Technology.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree.
- Have at least one year of instructional design experience or at least two years of relevant work experience that would provide the competencies required of an instructional designer.
- Demonstrated expertise with technology. Examples of technologies that are useful to know include web 2.0 tools, social media, office productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Office 365 or Google G Suite), web-conferencing software, personal computers, mobile devices, and/or multimedia equipment.
- Possess a Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience teaching or training adult learners.
- Experience using learning management systems. Experience working as an LMS admin is especially useful.
- Experience troubleshooting technology.
- Customer service experience.
- Evidence of a demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset.
- Experience working with portfolios, ePortfolios, digital badge technologies, or micro-credentials.
To apply, submit a letter of application, current resume, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references. To be fully considered, the letter of application must address all of the job qualifications. Send application materials to:
Patti Lake, Payroll and Benefits Supervisor
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Justin Mason via email @ Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 406-683-7536. Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until the position is filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 60 full-time faculty and 1,500 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for any position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.