Birch Creek Center
The Birch Creek Center was constructed in 1935 as a Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp. The CCC was a direct outgrowth of President Rosevelt’s “New Deal” program in response to high unemployment of the Great Depression. Camp Birch Creek served as a CCC camp until 1941. In 1985 The University of Montana Western took over the operation of the Birch Creek Center.
The center now serves to provide a comfortable and safe environment for diverse educational, recreational and social opportunities. The Center encourages field-based and group enriching experiences for the local and global community. The Birch Creek Center accomplishes this through private events and retreats, outdoor education courses for grade schoolers and experiential university events and classes.